As well as Engine ECU remapping, Hyper Remapping now offers DPF removal and a Remap at the same time.
A DPF or Diesel Particulate Filter referred to as DPF, is a device designed to remove diesel particulate matter or ‘soot’ from the exhaust gas of a diesel engine. A diesel-powered vehicle equipped with a functioning DPF filter will emit no visible smoke from its exhaust pipe.
A method must exist to clean the soot from the DPF filter. The DPF filter is designed to burn off the accumulated ‘soot’ through a certain specific way when the filter load reaches a pre-determined level. This is known as "filter regeneration" or ‘DPF Regeneration’
• Can cost in excess of £1200 to replace the DPF
• The DPF is not a legal requirement. It is not needed for the MOT test
• The DPF reduces power and economy as fitted due its restriction
• Sometimes the regeneration can start without warning, and if the engine is turned off, it can become damaged.
• More power and torque is gained by removing the DPF
• More fuel economy will be achieved
The Diesel Particulate Filter removal involves removing the internals of the actual DPF. This can be done in two ways.
1. Remove existing particulate filter from the vehicle, cut an opening, remove the core, clean and re-seal by welding, Refit back to the vehicle. Then remap the vehicle to remove the regeneration software from the ECU and remove the DPF warning light from the dash.
2. Remove the existing particulate filter from the vehicle, using this as a template and make a high quality stainless steel straight through DPF pipe to refit back to the vehicle. Then remap the vehicle to remove the regeneration software from the ECU and remove the DPF warning light from the dash.
You must remove the actual DPF before deleting the Regeneration software from the ECU, if not this will cause damage to the engine. This is because the ECU will add more fuel during regeneration into the exhaust thinking it is full of ‘soot’.
We offer this service with a lifetime guarantee against any defects on the custom Exhaust and ECU Remap as a combination. We can service All Makes and Models. Please contact us with your requirements and for more information.